14 July 2014
Next stop Tokyo, Japan. Rumour has it that the Meiji Shrine had traditional wedding ceremonies every weekend.
So off I go onto the Yamanote line getting off at Harujuku Station. The park containing the Meiji Shrine is immediately adjacent to the station. It is interesting how the two extremes of Japanese fashion, Harujuku girls and kimino clad girls are right next door to each other.
And the rumour was correct. There appeared to be a wedding party every 30 -40 minutes. All lining up like ducks in a row.
With the variety of different coloured kimonos it was more like a tray of sushi. My camera couldn’t stop clicking…..
1. 28 March 2013 Nikon D3s iso 200 24mm f13 1/350 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
2. 30 Mar 2013 Nikon D3s iso 400 200mm f16 1/90sec nikon 70-200mm f4
3. 30 March 2013 Nikon D3s iso 800 200mm f4.0 1/180sec Nikon 70-200mm f4
4. 30 March 2013 Nikon D3s iso 800 200mm f6.7 1/180 Nikon 70-200mm f4
5. 30 March 2013 Nikon D3s iso800 110mm f4.0 1/125sec Nikon 70-200mm f4
6. Koishikawa Korakuen 1 April 2013 Nikon D3s iso 200 200mm f6.7 1/250sec Nikon 70-200mm f4